Friday, August 15, 2008

outlines


My illustration teacher commented that in my work, I was doing something with outlines that was interesting. I thought, hey, that's true! Maybe that's my thing!

"Mugs" was painted on 6"x6" artboard of the most delicious quality. It's some sort of gorgeous wood that I loved painting on. I also am loving overlapping figures and trying not to decide what's in front and what's in the back. And oh, leaving wood to show through is also great. Seriously. That is some awesome wood! I am thinking about making a whole series of these. We'll see. I've been painting every day for the past week or so, and am almost out of surfaces to paint! I might try to scrub off some old ugly paintings and reuse the wood blocks I was painting on a few months ago.

I finished the triptych I was working on, with the lady in the forest. Pictures are coming soon.

I'm also having fun considering this site.

No comments: