Sunday, August 17, 2008

keep doing it!

Two big things have inspired me in the past few weeks.

1. Matte Stephen's interview at Grain Edit. In the interview, he talks about how he got into painting. I expected a background full of art awards, MFAs, and success. Instead, he talked about how he decided he'd be a painter, did a ton of research and experimenting, talked to lots of people and read lots of books, and finally found success. I mean, I'm sure he's always been talented, but to hear that there can be success from hard work, rather than just success from general awesomeness...that's amazing. (Also, check out his etsy shop. I love his style.)

2. I have been painting consistently for the past few weeks. I recently whined to my roommate that I'm going to be a painter, except that perhaps I can't be a painter because I'm not good enough. She replied, "Keep practicing!" Again! Apparently, awesomeness can come from practice. I cannot be reminded of that enough.

Finished triptych:

No comments: