Tuesday, July 28, 2009

more portraits


Sometimes when I look at all my portraits lined up around the apartment it's very much like they're part of some secret conversation. Now they can have something to say!

Also, a friend in Denver cut all sorts of beautiful wood panels for me in varied sizes. The wood is very thick - about an inch - and the sides have this great striped texture. I'm so in love with them! I have painted two so far - the one above and another that I haven't taken a picture of yet - and it's so much better than masonite/canvas. (I'm very sick of the texture of canvas...getting coverage with acrylic is a huge pain. And with masonite, the painting feels a little flimsy, and the colors can get lost if I don't put on enough gesso.) I'm so pleased with the results!!!

No comments: